Saturday, January 21, 2012

adventure chronicles #2: Manila on a Sunday

I love my being a Filipino. Eventhough there are a lot of feelings of frustration in our so called "third world" country, there are more things to love here than you can imagine.


Today I joined the national sailing team for morning exercises. I told myself before the next time i visit this part of town Id bring my camera and document my trip going to Manila. There are lot things to see in Manila, it's always an adventure for me to go there. The colors are beautiful, the people are interesting and it always seems to be a busy place even on a Sunday.

My day started with 7am exercises with the national sailing team. We had warm-up and 45mins of jogging around the CCP complex. Sundays are allotted for workouts. After heading back to the Yacht club my morning photo adventure started.

Im obsessed with these sexy things so forgive me if they have to be in alot of my photo adventures

Like any other Asian country, we have our own share of street food you can find everywhere. Before my morning jog I had a small amount of Taho because i was getting a bit hungry. Taho looks like custard tofu mixed with caramelized sugar syrup and tapioca. Then after my jog i had a glass of refreshing buko (coconut) juice. For my breakfast, I couldn't resist my all time favorite sweet sticky rice treat called Suman.

This is what a Taho container looks like










Cold and yummy buko juice











Suman!!! my favorite 


















Heading back, I saw this and i had to take a photo of it. This plant just makes me smile every time i see it.

I think it's just me...lol



Anyway, Since it's baseball-softball season for Universities, I decided to drop by the stadium to check it out. I played softball in my college years in the same venue. Going there and watching games just gives me a feeling of nostalgia every time. Softball is every part of my being and it's one thing I am very passionate about so finding out that they're using our old venue for this year's season really made me excited to watch.


As you can see Baseball or Softball is not so big in our country but nevertheless i love this game!
Staying at the top most feels like you're watching the game in HD in a movie house, love this view


After my amazing day in Manila, would you believe I got home by 10:30am. All those wonderful things I saw and still have a whole day ahead of me.

Here are more things I saw going home.

Mangoes here are a must have



Pedicabs: good transportation especially during floods




Candies can be bought just about anywhere

See you in my next adventure...


No comments:

Post a Comment