Saturday, August 4, 2012

adventure chronicles #8: Im finally certified!

When you're single you may do things without thinking and at the spur of the moment.

Another thing that I am, I consider myself as someone who's thrifty. I make sure I spend my money wisely so getting a diving certification was not on my priority list anytime soon but i learned when one becomes single decisions can come on a whim. With a given discount and time on my hand, without thinking I just took on another adventure. I decide to take my open water dive certification. There was no doubt I would enjoy this adventure starting on day 1. Like any diving certification, sessions start in the pool. We learned several hands signals, what do on emergency situations and basically how to use the SCUBA equipment.

Being in the water is second nature for me and being able to stay underwater for a very very long period is bliss for someone like me. Not only did I enjoy learning something new I enjoyed the company I was with.

The most awaited moment for anyone taking the certification is when the pool sessions is brought to open waters. Imagine my excitement when that day arrived. We went to a near by beautiful diving resort, just about 3hrs drive from manila.

As always, exploring the sea and seeing all the fish and coral that give color to the sea is just spectacular. I even had a stare down with one of the fish. It seemed like having divers around them was just natural. Was so happy that i had no difficulty going down to around 50ft. It's just amazing to experience such beauty first hand.

Sometimes investing and spending for yourself and for something you want is not really bad. Now I'm a certified diver. I can now explore places Ive always wanted to go to.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment