Sunday, October 13, 2013

adventure chronicles #13 My NY fashion show experience

The Camera has been a part of my life since I can remember. I grew up going with my mom during her photography gigs in a known hotel in manila. The darkroom was like a magical place because I saw images just appear on paper underwater.


Never in my wildest dreams would I have seen myself cover a fashion show and not just any fashion show, a fashion show during the NYC fashion week. Adding to that thought, Im covered an event where the clothes are for the androgynous fashionista. It was when DapperQ (the website made for  butch lesbian fashion) asked for volunteers to cover the Marimacho fashion event, I saw the post and said what the heck so i submitted samples and they called me for it. It's either i was the only one that volunteered or my photos appealed to them whatever it was these are the times when Im just grateful to the universe and i cant explain the logic behind the experience and it's ok not to find out at all.

Like in anything I do for the first time, I was feeling the jitters. What if I don't do a good job or it comes out blurry. Then a good friend said "You can do it, photography is like breathing to you" and she was absolutely right. Holding a camera and capturing and framing life's moments just feels so natural. Her words calmed my nerves and I went to one of the more interesting events I've ever been to.

For me fashion like writing, painting, and acting are careers one needs to be really passionate about or focused on or it will be difficult to pursue so to be in a room filled with artists is one surreal and amazing experience. I love surrounding myself with passionate people. And my friend was correct, once i started clicking everything just came in naturally, it felt I was in this field for the longest time.

Enjoy behind the scenes photos and the Marimacho event itself (photos from the runway show have been tweaked a bit)









 Runway show







Truly an unexpected event in my life but I would love to do more. Thanks DapperQ for this opportunity

1 comment:


  1. This spell caster that have helped me to get back my husband i meet with him and after 2days i got a phone call from my husband that have not called me for months. if you have any problem reach he ( Whatsapp: +234(815)542-5481/templeofanswer@hotmail. co. uk )i know that he is very powerful. thank you.

    ReplyDelete