Saturday, August 10, 2013

adventure chronicles #12 San Fran

Been planning to leave the Philippines for a time now but it has been delayed for several reasons and one day I told the universe, by 35 I need to leave or I stay. Several months after my 35th birthday, I get my visa and now here I am, starting a new book in my life.

My 36th birthday will be one of my memorable birthdays not only did I celebrate it with family I haven't seen in a long time I got to spend it in another country. I will never forget my uncle's invitation to visit him in San Francisco, just like when I was younger when I was always asked to visit my lola on my birthday and when I get there a birthday party has been planned already and I get to see my relatives.

After my happy birthday weekend, I got the chance to tour the wonderful city of San Francisco. The City of San Francisco is as beautiful as people I know have described it. Staying by the ocean really sets a beautiful mood to a city. San Francisco is like how they describe it, it's laid back relaxed and is a perfect place to go around for lovers. Another interesting observation I noticed is how people are into fitness which can easily influence anyone. If I would live there, that would be in the top 3 reasons that would encourage me to do so.

My uncle brought me to the known places in the city, I believe he can have a tour guide business because he is gooood. I'm bias because he's one of my favorite uncles. Always the coolest. Thank you for bringing me around.

Golden Gate Bridge
Palace of Fine Arts

Lombard Street

Victorian houses
During the week, I went to the city alone. I decided to take the hop on hop off tour. The bus took me to the other sights and I went off when I wanted to and I just rode other buses when I was done touring the place. Interesting that this side of America had both the hippies and the beatnik generation. So is that the reason why people are relaxed here? because of them or is it because of the city's ways that these kinds of lifestyle grew. Whatever it is, that's vibe you can get when you visit SF

This old school lesbian enjoyed visiting Haight-Ashberry street and Little Italy. Anything I see in a place or store before the rise of technology catches my interest. Visiting Haight-Ashberry street brings back memories of growing up and going to little Italy was just nice because of the coffee all around and i discovered a museum of the beatnik era.

Beat Museum

Haight-Ashberry St.

Traveling and experiencing a different place is the best way to learn. I've been lucky to have this experience. But if you think about it, if you cant go to a far place make sure you've discovered your own town or place I'm sure you'll find something interesting and new every time.

BUT as a "traveler" You should atleast save up for a trip to a country you've always want to go to. It's worth every coined saved

No comments:

Post a Comment