Saturday, July 13, 2013

food adventures #1: Authentic Mexican Food

I think the passion you have for life is directly proportional with your love for food. I can't imagine anyone passionate on experiencing life not enjoying the food the world can offer. I love food! It's amazing how there are many distinct flavors even if you use similar ingredients. As I travel I would also like to share my food experiences with you.

Last December a trip to San Diego was planned and as always planned trips must include where and what to eat. It was my first time there so the must eat for me was authentic Mexican food. I love how technology has given us no excuse not to find anything anywhere in the world. Thank god for reviews and the natural instinct of man to just speak his mind. It's now easier to narrow the choices that were available. I decided to choose a new cantina just down several blocks from where we stayed. The place was called El Cilantro Taco Shop (must try if you're at that area).

I have a weird thing with trying food with food names of the place or state I'm at. So for this trip, I had to try California Burrito in California...is that weird or what?

look bigger than my hand :O


My California Burrito in California


 It was authentic mexican food alright. I love the flavors, how clean the food was. As my friend would say it was balanced. I had all the flavors in one bite. I would say it wasn't the best choice in their menu because my friend's order was better, she had the carnitas burrito, THAT WAS GOOD!
It was a burrito stuffed with the best pork i've tasted. It felt the pig was roasted on fire to perfectness(if there's such a word). It just melted in your mouth with every bite. That's what you should order when you're there :) Our other order was this fries dish which had everything on it. I don't drink sodas but if there's something new i have to try it, I do indulge at times. The Jarritos Mexican Soda should be drank with whatever you decide to order, it was good. Im an orange soda drinker so that's what i got, they have different soda flavors.

French Fry dish

Orange Jarritos

Another discovery was Jamaica. It's a Mexican juice drink made from Jamaica flowers. That i have to say was delicious because this restaurant made fresh ones from real flowers not from cans bought from the grocery. The lady from the store even gave us the flowers.
Jamaica drink


I should say I'm giving my first Mexican food experience a check. I was a happy foodie that day :)









No comments:

Post a Comment