Sunday, July 7, 2013

adventure chronicles #11: Tour of the Firefly 2012

80% I got a bike was because I've always wanted to join a bike tour with a cause in the Philippines called Tour of the Fireflies. This tour signifies the organizer's concept of having a cleaner environment by lessening pollution by using bicycles to go around.

I made sure I registered for the tour of the Fireflies once i got Kate (my bike's name). The tour was a half a day bicycle ride around 5 cities in Manila. The 2012 tour was moved several times because of bad weather until the final schedule of November 18 was set.

We started the tour in one of the city's known shopping areas. I was there around 5:30am together with several bikers and biking groups who of course would participate in the tour as well.

Another of those activities that I did alone but with the big outcome I was sure to bump into someone I knew. True enough I met a training buddy and her hubby and we decided to be bike buddies for the duration of the tour. When everything was set, the tour started as planned and we were off.






I enjoy doing activities especially when it's for a cause. That will be the day when everyone decides to ride a bike everywhere they go in the Philippines but it's a good awareness campaign. I'm looking forward when the Philippines has bike lanes and respect bikers on the road for now I'm happy to see the increase of bikers and different city's efforts to have bikes as part of their roads.

It would be nice though to see fireflies back in the city......


3 comments:

  1. i tryed to find a profile on fastfoxxx.net .ended up here.wierd stuff happen to wierd people. What a blogg ;-)

    ReplyDelete

  2. This spell caster that have helped me to get back my husband i meet with him and after 2days i got a phone call from my husband that have not called me for months. if you have any problem reach he ( Whatsapp: +234(815)542-5481/templeofanswer@hotmail. co. uk )i know that he is very powerful. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was fast before on the dating, but now I have https://foxaff.com/public/DXB99BJANX10lH ;-)

    ReplyDelete