Friday, April 13, 2012

adventure chronicles #5: My birthday weekend

 I'm the type who doesn't celebrate birthdays..but there are things id like to do on the day i was given the chance to live :)


Always wanted to celebrate my birthday out of town traveling alone. This year an upcoming event I've always wanted to go to coincided with my birthday, I made sure i was going there. The event is the Malasimbo Arts and Music festival. It's a 3-day event where local and international talents perform starting 4pm to around 3am. Artists are invited as well to create several installations around the venue. The event is done at the foot of Mt. Malasimbo in Puerto Galera (an island outside Manila).

View from the top of a hill

The event had an option for those who would want to pitch a tent and just enjoy the beauty of nature. I, of course took this option and brought a tent. I found a perfect area just meters from the stage. Alcohol wasn't allowed but i had to bring and hide a bottle of wine because it's my birthday, hehehe
Home base during my trip

My essentials: Wine and cheese, fruit, bread and cookies


Music lovers should at least go once to this festival. It's a definite music high starting from the first until the last performer. You'll also get another kind of high, you wouldn't worry leaving your stash at home because everywhere you went it smelt of natural herbs (if you know what i mean)...hehehe. The experience was a discovery of new talent and appreciation of different genres. I loved every minute I was there.

One of the awesome performances from the festival




Traveling alone is not as bad as people might think. Every moment i spent at Mt. Malasimbo was something i cherished. The isolation and the moments i got to meditate i believe are the times i took care of myself. I was able to assess where i am at my life now. I got to think too how i have spent my 35 years of existence.

....I guess that thought woke me up and made me realize i have a lot of catching up to do :)


here's a glimpse of the festival

No comments:

Post a Comment